I just couldn’t stand it when the government talks about lies and crooked promises. Some politicians would not even think twice, thus risking further division and suffering. They pursue their personal political interests and with such a distrusted and despised president at the helm, it’s evident why the Mindanao question continues to be muddled up. It goes to show that our leaders today don't consider life important as long as they get what they want. But then again, this could be a very crucial matter to them since anything this administration comes up with has virtually zero chance of gaining support and consensus. It’s not like me to commiserate over others but I feel what the innocent people that were just dragged in the war in Mindanao are going through.
The innocent are the ones suffering from the turpitude and greed of a few. It kills me every time it comes to my mind that these evil few are those who the innocent chose to be their saviour. I once questioned God why there is war between brethren in Mindanao. And it was satisfactorily answered – government injustice. Ironically, the government who should be solving the country’s problems is the cause of the bloodshed in our motherland, specifically in Mindanao.
I was too harsh on the government with my words. But can you blame me? The dilemma is everywhere. I’m here at Luzon but the impacts of the war in Mindanao are no less than what the other parts of the country is feeling. The blame is not solely on the government. Although we have a government of imperfections, I do not see it an adequate reason to war with rage. I still believe that guns and bloodshed will not put the pandemonium in order. Two wrongs will never make a right.
Here’s a song by Good Charlotte entitled “We Believe”. I need not to explain anything ‘bout this song. Just watch the video and you’ll see what I mean.
We Believe
There’s a woman crying out tonight
Her world has changed
She asks God why
Her only son has died
And now her daughter cries
She can’t sleep at night
Downtown another day for all the suits and ties
Another war to fight
There’s no regard for life
How do they sleep at night
How can we make things right
Just wanna make this right
We believe(x6)
In this love
We are all the same
Human in all our ways and all our pains
(So let it be)
There’s a love that could fall down like rain
(Let us see)
Let forgiveness wash away the pain
(What we need)
And no one really knows what they are searching for
(We believe)
This world is crying for so much more
We believe(x6)
In this love
We believe(x5)
In this love
So this world is too much for you to take
Just lay it down and follow me
I’ll be everything you need
In everyway
We believe(x6)
In this love
In this love
We believe
In this love
We believe
In this love
We believe
In this love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment